Sync issue

Login Register
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Discussion
  •  RacerX #347

Friend in XR5 was docked to ISS port 1 but this is what I saw on my end. Windows 10 D3D9 client new Orbiter 2016 install with launchMFD and all XR vessels

He disconnected then reconnected same docking port but used XR2

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  RacerX.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  RacerX.
     RacerX #350

I cant edit my above post anymore so im replying to myself. In the above post pictures my friend is in docked configuration on same docking port with both vessels. Distance from ISS docking port appears to be the same relative to the docking port on the user vessel. Not much jitter though. It would jitter maybe once every 10 secs or so with a moving earth. Not bad face. Just need to tweak the distance or something

Face #351

So you used the new 2016 client on the 2016 server?

Then what happened? I don’t understand the sync issue here. Does it mean that you two don’t see the same situation, because on one client the remote vessels are in different positions?

RacerX #354

Yes friend said he was docked on his end. On my end This is what I saw. See we dont see the same situation. Also in another thread you said animations were working. In the above picture his docking port is not open. So was he using the right version of Orbiter? Was he using the right version of OMP client? Ill be honest I dont know what he was using

Face #355

The animation thingy only works if both clients used 2016 clients on the new test server. If not, the server doesn’t transmit internal state data.

The sync issue is interesting. Almost looks like an old client (one without the PTP syncing) was used on one side.

RacerX #356

There is one problem i found out in Orbiter 2016 and the 0.8.1 omp. If a user has the 32 gig elevation/height maps installed and the other user does not you get some really wierd results.

also rens public server starting areas are wideawake. he should update the required software list to include wideawake international. Also Wideawake international does not look correct in orbiter 2016. I assume this is due to orbiter 2016 height/elevation maps. I’ll look to see if it is something i can fix then re-release if we cant find WHAP

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  RacerX.
     RacerX #358

EDIT: Face I see you have a tool for converting orbiter 2010 bases to 2016. I have no clue even after reading the forum thread how this is done. Until there is some kind of tutorial out there on how this is done then perhaps we just wait OR change the OMP starting areas to KSC starting areas? Also during my testing I did not see any animations working. This was all done with orbiter 2016 and OMP 0.8.1

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  RacerX.
     Face #360

So do you use Ren’s standard server or the test 2016 server? The test server (port 1516 instead of 1515) doesn’t offer WIA locations anymore. Animations only work with 2016 clients on test servers, not with version combinations.

That video shows some issue I’ve encountered in local testings with 2016, too. I guess it has something to do with the already known landed-state bug in 2016.

Regarding WIA in 2016: yes, I am working on converting it to 2016 via my OT3 project. The surface tiles are already converted, what’s missing now is the elevation modification, which I’m going to tackle with the ele2png tool that converts elevation data to PNG for image tool manipulation, then back to elevation data again. I’m almost there…

Face #361

also rens public server starting areas are wideawake. he should update the required software list to include wideawake international.

The public download area shows client software that won’t work on 2016, anyway. In addition, the public client software distribution comes with WIA included. Therefore, updating the list now would be inconsistent.

Either the yet-to-be-done public 2016 distribution will include it again updated for 2016, or we remove the base altogether. As of yet it seems to be option one. 🙂

RacerX #362

Is there any way to get a copy of the test server so I can do local tests? Theres never anybody online for me to test with

Face #363

It’s in the same zip as the 2016 client binaries, like mentioned here.

Ren #463

Regarding WIA in 2016: yes, I am working on converting it to 2016 via my OT3 project. The surface tiles are already converted, what’s missing now is the elevation modification, which I’m going to tackle with the ele2png tool that converts elevation data to PNG for image tool manipulation, then back to elevation data again. I’m almost there…

Hi Face

Let me know if I can start testing WIA on the server. I would like to modify server.xml anyway, add XR-Fleet and also WIA 🙂

Face #464

Let me know if I can start testing WIA on the server. I would like to modify server.xml anyway, add XR-Fleet and also WIA

Well, WIA is not fully compatible yet. I managed to convert it to a usable setup with OT3, but there is still the problem of deployment: what to do with the texture tree tiles? Sure we can simply deploy it with the distro, but then folks would have to understand that those tiles may overwrite their highres settings.

If I can use the high-resolution meshes of Ascension Ultra as terrain tiles, though, it would make more sense to deploy those highres tiles. But for that OT3 is not advanced enough yet.

XR-Fleet is no problem IMHO.

Ren #466

server.xml on omp.ddns.net:1515 is modified and I remove the observer entry.
    Now players can choose between Delta-Glider, XR1, XR2 or XR5 for takeoff at SLF Runway 33 of the new and improved Kennedy Space Center in Orbiter 2016.

I managed to keep updated xml very short by removing all additional (XR) vessel data. See attached file.
    Will be testing more soon..

Update:
    I would like to abort testing XR-Fleet atm due to the incompatible issues with UMmu (needed for XR-Fleet). Instead I would like to set up a Atlantis Space Shuttle Mission. Should be possible now and could be also used for next distribution without add-ons?
    IMHO its a bad idea too use unstable (non-GPL) add-ons atm.

server.xml on omp.ddns.net:1515 is modified. Now players can choose between DG or Atlantis. Updated attached file.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Ren.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Face #474

I would like to abort testing XR-Fleet atm due to the incompatible issues with UMmu (needed for XR-Fleet). Instead I would like to set up a Atlantis Space Shuttle Mission. Should be possible now and could be also used for next distribution without add-ons?
    IMHO its a bad idea too use unstable (non-GPL) add-ons atm.

I agree. With the new server and client, shuttle launch is possible. It might look funny on some clients, because the jettison event for the booster is not implemented yet, but it should not crash.

Login Register
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.