These forums provide a place of discussion and/or support to users of the Orbiter Multiplayer Project. As with every public forums, we have some common rules you must adhere to when you login to use the service:
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to non-Orbiter-related websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- No harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- No adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.
- Remember the scope. These are narrowly scoped forums, serving the purpose of discussion around OMP, but not Orbiter, space-flight or anything else in general. If you want such an open discussion area, please consider visiting the orbiter forums. In addition, questioning the very purpose of OMP – multiplayer in Orbiter – or Orbiter as platform is counter-productive here and will be removed.
- No illegal content. No posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- No public moderation discussion. The moderators and/or administrators have the final say on moderation actions on posts and/or topics, because we are also legally responsible for the content posted on our forums. However, we are always open to discuss such actions in private with the users involved in a reasonable manner.
- No badmouthing of other Orbiter sites. We will not allow discussions related to happenings at other sites in public forums here. If you came here to vent off frustration, do so in private channels only.
- No Hacking – This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board, the OMP server, or other people’s OMP client. Guessing someone else’s password and succeeding counts as hacking. Users who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
If you fail to adhere to these rules, we will remove or edit your posts/topics as we see fit. You will receive a short message about these actions. If not stated otherwise in the rules above, this would be all to it. However, we reserve the right to put your account into moderated state if you continue to break the rules. This would mean that your posts are not immediately visible to others, but need to be approved by moderators or administrators.